Every member of our team is highly qualified and passionate about the work they do.
Each individual clinician also deserves to have their achievements highlighted, and we want you to know exactly what their expertise has to offer you.
Introducing our Senior Physiotherapist and Lower Limb Clinical Specialist: Victoria Alfar, a cherished practitioner with 19 years of experience to draw upon who works as a manual therapist with a specialised interest in knee injuries. She also works as an acupuncturist and Pilates instructor at Gosforth Physio & Wellness due to being highly qualified and trained.
Her prior positions within the FIFA centre of excellence saw her specialise in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all sports injuries, musculoskeletal pains, and orthopaedic pathologies, so she is certified to help you heal a range of ailments.
As a manual therapist, Victoria uses her hands, needles, taping skills and the power of massage to help you heal as quickly as possible.
Victoria has completed an astoundingly long list of courses including:
- International Conference Sports Rehabilitation and Traumatology: Football
- Medicine Strategies for Knee Injuries: Chelseas FC
- Sports Physiotherapy Level 2: Anterior Knee Pain
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage
- Strength Training
- Advanced Knee Patellofemoral Instability ACL Recon/Meniscal Repair
- Acupuncture /Dry Needling for Treatment of Musculoskeletal Pain
- Kinetic Control Lower Limb and Knee
- Pelvic health physiotherapy
- Mental health and illness
- Severe conditions (Epilepsy, Diabetes, Cancer, Neurological conditions and more )
- Functional EMG Evaluation of the Lower Limb
- Functional Movement Screening
- Kinematic Rapid Assessment of knee instability
- Assessment of knee instability
- Sports Physiotherapy Level 2: The Ankle
- ACL Injury and Reconstruction
- Preventing Injuries and illness in Sport
- Certificate in Spinal Manual Therapy: Manual Concepts
- McKenzie Part A: Lumbar Spine
- Explain pain and the neuromatrix approach to chronic pain
- Strapping and Taping for musculoskeletal injuries
- Patellofemoral Pathology in Athletes
- Clinical Neurodynamics
- How to Prevent Hamstring Strains
- Sports Physiotherapy Level 1
- Level 1 Neural Dynamics
- McConnell Knee Treatment Concept
- The FA Child protection and best practice certificate
- EVA Level 1 Volleyball Coaching Certificate
The fact Victoria has undertaken such a vast array of courses is proof of her commitment to offering a first-rate service informed by only the most up-to-date expertise.
If you would like to book a consultation for physiotherapy, please fill in a form and a trained specialist will call back to discuss your treatment options.